Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Apple opposes order to help FBI unlock phone belonging to San Bernardino shooter

Apple Inc. CEO Tim Cook says his company will resist a federal judge's order to access encrypted data hidden on a cellphone that belonged to the terrorist couple who killed 14 people in San Bernardino last year.

In a statement released early Wednesday, Cook said that such a move would undermine encryption by creating a backdoor that could potentially be used on other future devices.

"In the wrong hands, this software -- which does not exist today -- would have the potential to unlock any iPhone in someone’s physical possession," the statement said.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-fbi-apple-san-bernardino-phone-20160216-story.html#

No comments:

Post a Comment